This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Hello,?I have a question concerning the siege of Winterfell, and I hope you guys can help. I don't understand exactly why, at the end of the 20th episode, Bran, Rickon, Osha and Hodor find? Winterfell on fire. The city was under siege by a Northern army, allied with the Starks, so I can't? imagine them setting the place on fire. And the 20 soldiers who betrayed Theon dont really have a motivation for burning the place down, set aside the practical objections for 20 people burning a city of this size. So is there anyone who can explain what precisely happened? there? Thanks a lot!? ?
- Those of us who have read the books will know the answer to this question, but unfortunately it would constitute a major spoiler! You'll just have to wait until season 3, where all will (hopefully) be revealed;) The Knight of the Flowers (talk) 20:05, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok thanks! Than I'll be patient and wait :) It didn't? make much sense to? me and I was afraid it wouldn't get explained.
- It's quite simple: rather stupidly, the TV series took a plotline which was not a cliffhanger or mystery in the books, and instead, turned it into a mystery cliffhanger. Well, largely this was because large amounts of storyline from book 2 got pushed back into Season 3. So it's sort of like if The Empire Strikes Back ended with Darth Vader saying "there are things Obi-wan never told you"...then jump cut to Luke screaming in reaction, but didn't actually show what Vader said; due to "time constraints" shoving it back into the next movie. This would put fans in a bad position, because ANY discussion of what happened is spoilerific. Rest assured, it was quite obvious what happened in the books, and they really shouldn't have made it a cliffhanger.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 15:36, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
- @ knight of the flowers: Thanks again, it would really bother me if it wouldn't get explained or if the Ironborn did it, would be pretty hard-to-believe.
- @ The Dragon Demands: Thanks for your explanation, I agree that they shouldn't have made it a cliffhanger; I can't wait to find out what happened :P If I had the time I would immediately start reading the books.