Editing MediaWiki:Wikia.css routes you to Special:CSS, an updated experience for editing your wikia's CSS.
For more tips and help with editing CSS on Wikia, visit Help:CSS.
An entry point to the editing interface can be found on Admin Dashboard. Browsing to Mediawiki:Wikia.css and clicking 'Edit' will also route you to the interface, which is located at Special:CSS.
Special:CSS comes with a variety of features, including:
- Line numbering
- Active syntax highlighting to improve readability
Active error checking ("linting"):
- As you type code, the page will let you know about any errors in the syntax that might have occurred
- An icon will appear for any line with the
- Do note that not every error must be solved - CSS technology is ever evolving, and browsers do not all behave identically: some messages may not require action
A sidebar of useful links:
- CSS update blog posts - each week we release notes on upcoming CSS changes that might affect your wiki's customizations, in the Technical Update blog posts.
- Related help and information pages, such as the Community Central Forum Board.
As you type, the page will check your CSS for any errors. Not all errors it reports need to be actioned.
| || This means you have entered an invalid value for a property. For example, in '|
| || |