The Main Page on any wiki is the page that can be accessed by clicking the wiki's logo. The Main Page is like the welcome mat of a wiki. It is the primary landing page for your readers. Keep in mind that first impressions count!
- If you've just created a new wiki, your main page is populated with default content, including the description of your wiki, a live feed of the latest activity on your wiki, and a placeholder for a photo.
- You can change any part of this page by editing it. Simply click "Edit" at the top of the page.
- We recommend that your Main Page include a short intro paragraph that tells your readers what your wiki is about and what people can find there.
- We also recommend that you include links to your most important articles on your main page. This will help readers find their way to great content quickly.
- Many wikis find that adding a slider to the Main Page is an attractive way to help users find great content. You can learn more about sliders at Help:Galleries and slideshows.
- Be sure to give your main page a clean design. It doesn't need to be fancy — it just needs to look nice! The main page column tags that are already set up are the best way to organize the page's layout.
Further Help and Feedback
Retrieved from "http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Mainpage"