- Stannis Baratheon: "Some highborn fools call you Onion Knight and think they insult you. So you take the onion for your sigil, sew it on your coat, fly the onion flag."
- Davos Seaworth: "My son wishes me to change it. Three mermen with tridents, something like that."
- — Stannis praises Davos.[src]
House Seaworth is ruled by the landed knight Ser Davos Seaworth, the so-called "Onion Knight", a reformed smuggler in the service of Lord Stannis Baratheon at Dragonstone. His wife Marya and youngest sons are usually found at their keep.
House Seaworth came into existence after Robert's Rebellion. Davos Seaworth, a smuggler infamous on the Narrow Sea for being able to smuggle anything anywhere, transported a cargo hold full of onions into the besieged castle of Storm's End, keeping the garrison alive until the war was over. Stannis Baratheon rewarded Davos by knighting him and giving him lands, though he also insisted on taking the tips of the fingers on Davos' right hand in compensation for his smuggling. Davos judged this fair, since it bought him and his family a more secure future, one he could never have imagined, much less earned for them on his own.
- Ser Davos Seaworth, called the "Onion Knight", a landed knight, advisor to King Stannis Baratheon and a former smuggler.
- His wife, Marya Seaworth.
|Davos Seaworth||Marya Seaworth|
In the booksEdit
In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, Davos Seaworth has seven sons: Dale, Allard, Matthos, Marc, Devan, Stannis, and Steffon. The oldest five serve in Stannis' army, though the younger two are children too young to serve. Dale, Allard, Matthos, and Marc are all killed in the Battle of the Blackwater. In the TV series, these four sons have been functionally condensed into Matthos.
- House Seaworth at A Wiki of Ice and Fire (spoilers from the books)
|Lord:||Ser Davos Seaworth||Heir:|
|Current members:||Marya Seaworth|
|Deceased members:||Matthos Seaworth|
|Overlord:||House Baratheon of Dragonstone|
|Great House:||House Baratheon of Dragonstone|
|Noble Houses:||Errol · Estermont · Selmy · Tarth · Trant|
|Marcher Lords:||Caron · Dondarrion · Swann|
|Extinct Houses:||Durrendon · Toyne|