- "The Umbers are great warriors. Even I heard about them growing up."
House Umber of the Last Hearth is a vassal house that holds fealty to House Stark of Winterfell. Their lands are in the far north of the Stark territories, just south of the Wall and the lands held by the Night's Watch. Their stronghold is a castle called Last Hearth and the head of the house is the Lord of Last Hearth.
House Umber's sigil is four chains linked by a central ring. Their motto is not known at present.
- Lord Greatjon Umber, the current head of the family.
In the books
In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, the Umbers are strong supporters of the Starks, but only truly respect strength. The Umbers are strong, formidable warriors who enjoy life to the full, although some of the family members are less reputable. Their lands are close to the Wall and they are bitterly opposed to the Wildlings, as sometimes small wildling bands who evade the Watch raid their lands.
The Umbers are the northernmost noble House in Westeros, and may be named after the real English county of Northumberland.
House Umber's sigil in the books is different to the TV show. In the books, the sigil is a roaring giant in chains.
- Lord Greatjon Umber, the current head of the family. Taken captive by the Freys at the Red Wedding.
- Smalljon Umber, the Greatjon's son and heir. Slain at the Red Wedding.
- Mors "Crowfood" Umber, the Greatjon's uncle.
- Hother "Whoresbane" Umber, the Greatjon's uncle.
- House Umber at A Wiki of Ice and Fire (MAJOR spoilers from the books)
Houses from the North
|The Neck Houses:|