|The title of this article is conjecture based on information revealed in the A Song of Ice and Fire novels or related material and may be subject to change.
- "They burned almost everything in the Riverlands. Our fields... our granaries... our homes! They took our women. Then they... took 'em again. When they was done them... butchered them as if they was animals. They covered... our children in pitch... and lit them on fire."
- ―Joss recounts Gregor Clegane's attrocities.
Joss is a peasant from the Riverlands.
He attends court in King's Landing escorted by some bannermen of House Tully to report a series of brutal raids being carried out by Gregor Clegane in the Riverlands. He wears the sigil of House Tully on his sleeve. He brings a sack of dead fish that had been left by Clegane at the scene of his atrocities. Eddard Stark responds by stripping Clegane of his titles and ordering his execution.
|Season One appearances|
|Winter Is Coming||The Kingsroad||Lord Snow||Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things||The Wolf and the Lion|
|A Golden Crown||You Win or You Die||The Pointy End||Baelor||Fire and Blood|
In the books
In the Song of Ice and Fire novels, the handful of surviving smallfolk from the town of Sherrer are brought before the Iron Throne by a trio of knights from the Riverlands (Karyl Vance, Marq Piper, and Raymun Darry). The commoner who speaks directly to Ned Stark, and indicates that Gregor Clegane was responsible for the attack, is a brewer from Sherrer named Joss. The TV series credits only listed him as "Riverlands refugee", but it is clear which book character he was portraying.
- Joss on A Wiki of Ice and Fire
- Raymun Darry on A Wiki of Ice and Fire
- Marq Piper on A Wiki of Ice and Fire
- Karyl Vance on A Wiki of Ice and Fire