Michele Clapton is a costume designer from England, who has worked in both film and TV. She has found the most success designing for television period dramas, having worked on the costumes for Sense & Sensibility, The Devil’s Whore, and The Diary of Anne Frank.
Clapton was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Costumes for a Series for all five seasons of Game of Thrones which she worked on, and she won twice, for Season 2 and Season 4. Specifically, the awards were for Season 2's "The Prince of Winterfell" and Season 4's "The Lion and the Rose".
On leaving, Clapton said:
- "I feel like we've covered all bases now. It was really important to me, knowing that I was going to leave, to actually design the costumes for each [geographic] area so it's complete. In my head anyway, it's a complete look that I left."
- ↑ Westeros.org
- ↑ Game of Thrones wins four Creative Arts Emmys
- ↑ Emmy Awards: Complete list of 2015 winners
- ↑ The "Outstanding Costumes for a Series" Emmy award existed from 1983 to 2014, but starting in 2015 - coinciding with Game of Thrones Season 5 - it was retired and subdivided into two new and more specific categories. Clapton was once again nominated for Season 5, but in this new category: "Outstanding Costumes for a Period/Fantasy Series, Limited Series, or Movie"
- ↑ Michele Clapton Fashionista interview, June 2015.