Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Michele Clapton is an English costume designer, who has worked in both film and TV. She has found the most success designing for television period dramas, having worked on the costumes for Sense & Sensibility, The Devil’s Whore, and The Diary of Anne Frank.
Game of ThronesEdit
Clapton was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Costumes for a Series for all five seasons of Game of Thrones which she worked on, and she won twice, for Season 2 and Season 4. Specifically, the awards were for Season 2's "The Prince of Winterfell" and Season 4's "The Lion and the Rose".
On leaving, Clapton said:
- "I feel like we've covered all bases now. It was really important to me, knowing that I was going to leave, to actually design the costumes for each [geographic] area so it's complete. In my head anyway, it's a complete look that I left."
For Season 6, Clapton collaborated with the costume department on certain episodes. She had a special focus on jewelry and crowns.
After The Winds of Winter aired, the producers revealed that Clapton had in fact designed a handful of costumes for that episode (particularly Cersei's "battle" dress), and that Clapton would be returning for Season 7.
- ↑ Westeros.org
- ↑ Game of Thrones wins four Creative Arts Emmys
- ↑ Emmy Awards: Complete list of 2015 winners
- ↑ The "Outstanding Costumes for a Series" Emmy award existed from 1983 to 2014, but starting in 2015 - coinciding with Game of Thrones Season 5 - it was retired and subdivided into two new and more specific categories. Clapton was once again nominated for Season 5, but in this new category: "Outstanding Costumes for a Period/Fantasy Series, Limited Series, or Movie"
- ↑ Michele Clapton Fashionista interview, June 2015.
- ↑ Michele Clapton speaks to New York Magazine about jewelry on Game of Thrones.
- ↑ Season 7 directors revealed