|Appeared in||"The Kingsroad"|
|Mentioned in||"And Now His Watch is Ended"
|Death||Killed by The Hound
|Portrayed by||Rhodri Hosking|
- Eddard Stark: "The butcher's boy – you rode him down?"
- Sandor Clegane: "He ran. Not very fast."
- — The Hound returns with Mycah's corpse.[src]
Mycah is a butcher's son who has befriended Arya Stark.
When he is encountered by Joffrey Baratheon practicing sword-fighting with Arya Stark, Joffrey confronts him for 'pretending to be a knight'. Despite his protests that the weapon he was using was only a stick, Joffrey forces him to pick it up. Joffrey sadistically begins pressing his sword against the boy's cheek, which prompts Arya to attack him. Mycah manages to escape but later is killed by the Hound under the orders of the prince much to Ned Stark's horror.
He is mentioned by the Hound when he is trying to convince Arya to kill him. He says that Mycah "begged for mercy", that he killed him anyways, and that his saddle "smelled like butcher boy for weeks".
|Season One appearances|
|Winter is Coming||The Kingsroad||Lord Snow||Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things||The Wolf and the Lion|
|A Golden Crown||You Win or You Die||The Pointy End||Baelor||Fire and Blood|
- Arya Stark: "He's a liar and a coward and he killed my friend."
- Sansa Stark: "The Hound killed your friend."
- Arya Stark: "The Hound does whatever the prince tells him to do."
- Sansa Stark: "You're an idiot."
- Arya Stark: "You're a liar, and if you told the truth, Mycah would be alive."
- — Arya and Sansa fight.[src]
In the booksEdit
After the Hound defeats Beric Dondarrion, he teases Arya by telling her (without the slightest remorse or regret) "I rode him [Mycah] down and cut him in half, and laughed".
According to Jeyne Poole, Mycah has been cut up in so many pieces that his body was brought back to his father in a bag. At first the poor man had thought it was a slaughtered pig.