- "He’s a ruthless sergeant major-type character... He’s a twisted character who’s been very damaged in the past. He’s great to play and there’s some fantastic dialogue."
- ―Owen Teale on playing Allister Thorne
Owen Nigel Courtney Teale (born 20 May 1961) is a Welsh actor who has appeared on stage and in television and film. He won a Tony Award for Best Actor in a Stage Role in 1997. He has appeared in numerous television series including Doctor Who, and Torchwood as well as recurring roles on Ballykissangel and Belonging.
In Game of Thrones he is playing the role of Ser Alliser Thorne, replacing Derek Halligan who had initially been cast but then withdrew from the role for unspecified reasons. He was announced in the role on 18 August 2010.
Between Game of Thrones season 1 and 2 Teale also appeared in the Sky original comedy drama Stella as the title character's brother.
- The Mimosa Boys - Albie (1984)
- David Copperfield - Ham Peggotty (1986)
- Knights of God - Dai (1987)
- Waterfront Beat - Mike McCarthy (1990)
- Robin Hood - Will Scarlett (1991)
- Dangerous Lady - Terry Patterson (1995)
- Death of a Salesman - Happy (1996)
- The Cherry Orchard - Lopahin (1999)
- Ballykissangel - Conor Devlin (1999)
- Conspiracy - Dr. Roland Freisler (2001)
- Island at War - PC Wilf Jonas (2004)
- Murphy's Law - Paul Allison (2005)
- Torchwood - Ewan Sherman (2006)
- It's Alive - Sgt. Perkins (2008)
- The Children - Peter (2008)
- Silk - Brian Frogett (2011)
- Game of Thrones - Alliser Thorne (2011)
- Kidnap and Ransom - Robert Holland (2012)
|Season one credits|
|Winter is Coming||The Kingsroad||Lord Snow||Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things||The Wolf and the Lion|
|A Golden Crown||You Win or You Die||The Pointy End||Baelor||Fire and Blood|
- ↑ Price, Karen (May 20, 2013). Owen Teale on getting passionate with Zoe Wanamaker WalesOnline.
- ↑ Winter is Coming