Maybe we should call the one before the Riot of King's Landing, "High Septon (the Fat One)"?--The Dragon Demands 18:38, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Heraldry For Members of the FaithEdit
I propose that we use the seven pointed star for those members of the faith that are not part of the Faith Militant.
I do think a distinction should be made between regular members of the Faith and Faith Militant, which is a military order within the Faith.
I think the above mini star looks pretty good. Plus, it is circle so it is not the same shape as the shields, which helps differentiate the Faith as a religious organization as compared to shields for military organizations.
Please let me know your thoughts before I add this to other characters' pages.
- I vote yes for this new heraldry design. The original one is awful, in my opinion. Lord Sharky (talk) 23:09, July 13, 2016 (UTC)
- What is the "original one" you are referring to - the yellow shield? If so, I agree.
- Regards Ser Shield McShield (talk) 23:13, July 13, 2016 (UTC)
- Agreed. I like this one. If we're doing this for the Faith of the Seven, should there be ones for the Lord of Light as well? Oh, and just curious, do you make these yourself? Reddyredcp (talk) 23:25, July 13, 2016 (UTC)
- I did not make these myself. This character had a broken link for the heraldry template so while I was trying to find the file was supposed to be there, I found this one that I think is a much better icon to use.
- In regards to the Lord of Light, I did not find a similar one that we could use so it looks like it still needs to be created.
- I am of the opinion that we should use an icon in the heraldry template for religious organizations but this is far from settled at the moment. Others think that the heraldry should be reserved for only house shields. We are still debating how the heraldry template should be used.
- Please go over to Talk: Heraldry and leave your opinion. At some point, we have to pick some rules and the more people that express their opinion before the rules are finalized, the better.