I bet Kristian doesn't have a problem remembering his lines ;) QueenBuffy 05:26, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
HODOR IS LOVE HODOR IS LIFE --126.96.36.199 23:20, June 2, 2014 (UTC)
- He's a good chap. Wouldn't hurt a fly even though he's twice the size of everyone else. Enigma24 (talk) 02:50, March 31, 2015 (UTC)
- It's actually quite interesting how a lot of emotion can be expressed in a single word. I always liked Hodor right from the start - he may be simple minded but he's a nice bloke :). Enigma24 (talk) 02:49, March 31, 2015 (UTC)
Wylis or Willis
The subtitles for S6E2 show Hodor's name as Wylis, not Willis. Could the birth name section be changed?
Hodor is dead. Someone needs to change it. 04:37, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
Mods are overzealous about locking pages. It has its place to prevent pre-episode spoilers, but quite a few pages are completely forgotten about and kept locked because mods have a fascination with indefinite locks. Several other well-run wikis I've contributed to only locked pages for a week at most if edit warring was occuring.
Some important things the MODs really need to look into.
- The latest episode "The Door", shows the origin of the phrase "Hodor" and why he keeps repeating it.
- The latest episode features what seems to be the death of Hodor at the end, at the hands of the walkers.
- The page has been locked and contributors like mysef are unable to edit and add these occurences into the page.
The entire biography and status might need change and editing.
Some of us are only trying to help you know. The pages don't need to be locked indefinitely.
- Yeah, seriously, what's up with this? I've noticed this quite a few times. Why are these pages locked indefinitely? - Legitimate question, I'm not sure if there's a policy about this or not. One of the biggest points of a wiki is for people to collaborate and contribute together. Reddyredcp (talk) 12:04, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
- I would imagine it was locked because the episode leaked early and people were trying to put information from the leak into the article too soon. But yeah, it needs to be unlocked now. TheUnknown285 (talk) 12:13, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Changes need to be made, either the mods need to update the info themselves or unlock it for us, and there are a lot of pages locked that haven't been updated. Blackdragon77 (talk) 12:21, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
Currently we only have 3-4 admins who can be active during the on-season. You have to understand, that we literally get about a million hits a day (2-3 million on Sunday nights), and with that comes a LOT of spam and vandalism. Sometimes we lock popular pages pertinent to that episode until things slow down a bit, or the hype of the episode dies down-- then open it and allow it to be edited. Trust me, we need all the help we can get and appreciate all the work you guys do; but the vandalism here can get absolutely out of control and move so fast, that we can't keep up. QueenBuffy 20:16, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
I locked a lot of pages yesterday because HBO Nordic aired the episode early - again - and in desperation we were trying to keep out the spoilers.
Once I'd finished watching and pausing it was around 11 pm, I started writing the episode notes, then I think I fell asleep on my notes at some point. Yes, my first action should have been to unlock everything. But this was an unusual circumstance to the HBO Nordic goofing up yet again. Sorry. I did unlock everything first thing when I woke up this morning.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 20:21, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
- We're only human and it will all get edited eventually. QueenBuffy 20:35, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
Oh, but in other news.. it has been awhile since a character's death has made me tear up...I can't even recall really (Not even Jon's did, because I knew he wasn't truly dead) but poor Hodor.. man that got me good. :( QueenBuffy 20:37, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
Now what happened?
Someone screwed something up. THIS is why we protect pages. QueenBuffy 20:56, May 23, 2016 (UTC) Just keep this page protected for the time being. This is exactly the point I was trying to get across to the users above. QueenBuffy 21:03, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
(Sigh) not malicious they just don't know how visual editor works I guess. I don't use it. Expected flood of newbies to a hot article, understandable. Anyway I fixed it back.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 21:04, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
- lol I'm still keeping it protected for the time being. QueenBuffy 21:05, May 23, 2016 (UTC)