Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Not mentioned in the TV series yetEdit
I think we need to put the brakes on mentioning characters and locations not mentioned in the TV series yet and just assuming they're going to be. We've been caught out a few times by that - the Blackfish is probably gone, a lot of the Northern lords are either gone or simply not going to be mentioned and the Targaryen lineage has been changed to remove a couple of the kings - and we run the risk of spoilerising things. There's certainly been no mention of Rossart so far and they may well remove him from the story to streamline things. And yeah, I've got to keep an eye on that too :-) --Werthead 22:22, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree. This wiki is for the tv series, so only characters which have been mentioned / who are in it should be listed. And indeed this risks spoilering. - KarinS 08:25, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
I have already apologised for the over re-written pages, but i did this person because he was mentioned on two pages on the wiki, and i thought i had missed the reference. Jordan 'The Blur' Farrell 15:20, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, fair enough. I think he was only mentioned on the 'In the books section'. Hmm. Maybe when referencing names not on GoT Wiki on the 'in the books' section we need to direct-link them to the Wiki of Ice and Fire? That would solve the problem.--Werthead 20:12, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- That's a possibility... Then again, that's tantamount to sending people straight to spoilers :) - KarinS 00:57, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Instead of using a talk page of an article that no longer exists, would it not be better to do that in the forum? That would help that people who are not sure about the policies here can easily find them. And then there also something I would like to point out, this wiki has articles about locations (like Qarth) which are not mentioned so far in the show, should there not be applied the same standard that are used for characters? - Drudenfusz 14:54, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Good point on the forum. Qarth is confirmed as being in Season 2 by Benioff and Weiss in an interview done when S1 ended (they say that the book depiction of the city, where women go with one breast bared at all times, might not make it into the TV version).--Werthead 09:16, July 13, 2011 (UTC)