Background in the TV-series Edit
- The Brave Companions were not a significant part of Qyburn's backstory in the books. He happened to fall in with them, serving as a healer, but apparently mostly for his own protection at the time. His major "backstory" is that he conducted human experimentation. Not significantly changed.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 19:27, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
- They simply gave no explanation. I am unconcerned. They were rounding up random civilians to Harrenhal from all over the Riverlands, remember, just to torture anyone for information about the Brotherhood. Or just to round up workers they needed. Probably just caught up in a random sweep.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 22:53, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
- He doesn't need to be "in service" to Lady Whent. He could have just been in the area plying his trade with the smallfolk. And as I said he could have just been "in the Riverlands" and fled wherever he was as a refugee and got taken by a Lannister patrol.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 20:59, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
Aiding Cersei in "other matters" Edit
The article makes mention of Qyburn earning Cersei's favor by helping her with "other matters." The TV show does not state outright what those other matters were, but (IMO) there was an implication that he had aided her in ending an unwanted pregnancy (from her trysts with Lancel?). Do the books give any further detail? Q-Wing (talk) 15:42, May 1, 2015 (UTC)
- A question I have often asked myself - it has no equivalent in the books. I thought it might be menopause. One of the questions on our list of stuff to ask the writers. -- I doubt she was pregnant because she wasn't actively having sex with Lancel during Season 3 (his arrow-wound became badly infected and he spent the whole season bedridden and struggling for his life).--The Dragon Demands (talk) 15:56, May 1, 2015 (UTC)
- That's a pretty good theory, and would fit with Cersei's refusal to marry Loras Tyrell. When the union was brokered they even made a point of reminding the Tyrells that Cersei may be older but is still able to bear children. Cersei might have had Qyburn bring on an early menopause, or at least mimic the symptoms, to get out of any arranged marriages. Of course, she's now activated her Plan B by having Loras arrested by the Faith Militant.