Part of Cadet Branch?
If this isn't a character from the books, why did we assume he's part of the specific cadet branch "House Lannister of Lannisport" (which is in the books) and not just a distant cousin of the main "House Lannister"? He did go back home to Lannisport, but that's just the Lannister's main city; even Joanna Lannister was from Lannisport but not part of a cadet branch. Did they ever say he was in the cadet branch?--The Dragon Demands 19:04, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, Joanna was born at Casterly Rock according to AWOIAF.--Gonzalo84 23:26, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
- It cites no evidence; it may be an assumption. --The Dragon Demands 00:00, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Well... leaving Joanna aside:
- Tywin cites the "name" before actual family (meaning they are not closely related)
- He's from Lannisport.
- Lannisport is in TV!GoT stated to be ruled by a cadet branch of House Lannister.
Yes, its part speculation, but for these cases we reconcile show evidence with books canon --Gonzalo84 08:40, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
I'll have to check on this for Joanna; I still vaguely remember from the books that she was part of the cadet branch in Lannisport....--The Dragon Demands 14:18, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
If a character mentions they have a spouse, siblings, etc., even without a proper name, yeah we'd mention it in an infobox without creating an article for it. A mother and father are...assumed and don't need to be stated, unless something specific about them is described. Because people don't automatically have spouses, children, or siblings. And if only their child is mentioned, you don't need to list their spouse because it's implied - though splitting hairs giving that we wouldn't make an article for an unseen and unnamed character. At any rate, there's no reason not to list "unnamed wife" in this guy's infobox.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 22:23, September 27, 2017 (UTC)