My name is Owen. I hope to make this wiki a comprehensive guide to the show. I'm a relative latecomer and the existing content when I joined in October 2011 was already very impressive. I've completed a season 1 rewatch with blog posts. I have overhauled our character articles. I'm working on keeping us up to date with the Season 2 promotional campaign. I will be working on the season 2 episode pages, keeping us up to date and writing a series of reviews as season 2 airs. Finally I've overhauled our images and am working to avoid further duplicates being added and to make sure all of our images have appropriate licensing info and categories. I became an admin here in February 2012 to aid in this goal. I'm a huge fan of the show and the book series. As with the wiki I was a bit slow to discover the books - I did not read the books until 2010 when HBO began promoting the show.
- User:Opark 77/Sandbox
- Keep us up to date with new episodes working through Template:New episode to do list - see Season 2 episodes project
- Season 2 viewers guide project
- Season 1 viewers guide
- Navigation boxes for houses by region
- New poll. Update Template:Current Poll. Log last result in Template:Main Poll and move existing poll to Poll Archive. Aim monthly during the off-season. Last done 9 September 2012. Due on 9 October 2012.
- Check Site maintenance and Special:WantedCategories and clean up accordingly. Aim monthly. Last done 11 September 2012. Next due 11 October 2012.
- Post the new featured article four weekly. Move existing Template:Featured Article to Featured Article archive. Update Template:Featured Article and tag new featured article with Category:Featured Articles. Last done on 22 September 2012. Due on 13 October 2012.
- Check new images and ensure all images have a category, license, description and source. Aim weekly. Last done 14 October 2012. Next due 21 October 2012.
- Review and clear Category:Images needing renaming. Aim monthly. Last done 15 September 2012. Next due 15 October 2012.
- Nominate something as a featured article candidate four weekly. Check Special:Mostvisitedpages if inspiration is needed. Place Template:FAC on the articles talk page and include it in the next FA nomination poll. Last done 29 September 2012. Due on 27 October 2012.
- Featured article selection four weekly. Update Featured Article nominations and Template:Featured Article selection poll. Last done 29 September. Due on 27 October 2012.
- Update Template: Community message monthly. Sign Game of Thrones Wiki:Community Portal and MediaWiki:Community-corner to log the changes. Last done on 30 September 2012, next due 30 October 2012.
- Update Template: Episodes weekly from the season 3 premiere until the finale. Next due March 31 2013.
- Try creating a list of site milestones and asking for help.
- Create Game of Thrones Season 1 DVD/Blu-Ray splitting the relevant section from Season 1.
- Work on changing the themes and images for our badges.
- Create character portals for organizations using images.
- Overhaul Noble house pages and achieve a consistent formatting with referenced sections about appearances as per the example of House Lannister
- Template out the Season 1 episode synopses to match the episodes table to the individual articles.
- Start Episodes.
- Add writers and directors to the episodes table.
- Overhaul the cast articles to give more information about their work aside from the show.
- Overview categories - User:KarinS's excellent guide to our categories
- Site maintenance
- Production timeline - User:Werthead's brilliant and contemporaneous guide to behind the scenes activity. A wealth of references to be found here.
- Rewatch season 1 and write a series of blog posts about it.
- Overview Season 1: Ensure all cast members and characters have articles on March 27 2012.
- Fix category listings for character articles so that they are listed by surname.
- Restructure character articles as per this discussion.
- Copy edit our character articles working through Category:Characters systematically.
- Overview Season 1: Adding a complete cast listing, categorizing character pages by appearances, standardizing lead sections, adding appearances sections to each article. Completed February 2012.
- Checking every article under Category:Story for episode title sub-headers and converting these to references. Completed February 2012.
- Import a family tree template and make a Template: House Stark family tree before seeking feedback. Completed February 2012.
- Transfer all images in Category:Sigils to Category:Image (Sigil) and delete category sigils once unused. Completed February 2012.
- Template: Latest episode and Template: Episodes for the main page. Completed February 2012.
- Write a quiz for User:Bchwood. Completed February 2012.
- Images: categorising all of our images, tagging and deleting duplicates, making more use of the images we have by posting them on multiple articles where appropriate. Done all images uploaded on or before February 23, 2012. Completed February 2012.
- Category: Image Galleries: Work through systematically adding images to all appropriate articles and checking for duplicates. Completed March 6 2012.
- Navigation boxes based on Great Houses - Template:Lannister navbox, Template:Greyjoy navbox, Template:Tully navbox, Template:Tyrell navbox, Template:Arryn navbox, Template:Targaryen navbox, Template:Baratheon navbox, Template:Martell navbox March 20 2012 with User:Gonzalo84.
- Create Addam Marbrand and Battle of the Golden Tooth based on their mentions in "The Pointy End".
- Clear Category:Images needing renaming --Opark 77 (talk) 12:22, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
See my profile at community central.