My name is Owen. I hope to make this wiki a comprehensive guide to the show. I'm a relative latecomer and the existing content when I joined in October 2011 was already very impressive. I've completed a season 1 rewatch with blog posts. I have overhauled our character articles. I'm working on keeping us up to date with the Season 2 promotional campaign. I will be working on the season 2 episode pages, keeping us up to date and writing a series of reviews as season 2 airs. Finally I've overhauled our images and am working to avoid further duplicates being added and to make sure all of our images have appropriate licensing info and categories. I became an admin here in February 2012 to aid in this goal. I'm a huge fan of the show and the book series. As with the wiki I was a bit slow to discover the books - I did not read the books until 2010 when HBO began promoting the show.
Lord of Game of Thrones Wiki
Currently working on:
- User:Opark 77/Sandbox
- Keep us up to date with new episodes working through Template:New episode to do list
- Work through the HBO viewers guide adding information to our articles.
Season 2 map Season 1 map
- Season 2 guide to Houses
- Season 1 guide to Houses
- Season 2 appendix
- Season 1 appendix
- Season 2 extras
- Navigation boxes for houses by region
- New poll due on 30 July 2012. Last done 23 July 2012. Aim weekly. Update Template:Current Poll. Log last result in Template:Main Poll and move existing poll to Poll Archive.
- Check new images and ensure all images have a category, license, description and source. Aim weekly. Next due 29 July 2012. Last done 22 July 2012.
- Update Template: Episodes weekly from April 2 until season 2 ends. Next due March 31 2013.
- Update Template: Community message monthly. Last done on 23 August 2012, next due 23 July 2012.
- New featured article fortnightly. Due on 5 August 2012. Last done on 29 July 2012. Move existing template to Featured Article archive. Update Featured Article nominations. Update Template:Featured Article and tag new featured article with Category:Featured Articles.
- Create Game of Thrones Season 1 DVD/Blu-Ray splitting the relevant section from Season 1.
- Work on changing the themes and images for our badges.
- Create character portals for organizations using images.
- Overhaul Noble house pages and achieve a consistent formatting with referenced sections about appearances as per the example of House Lannister
- Template out the Season 1 episode synopses to match the episodes table to the individual articles.
- Start Episodes.
- Add writers and directors to the episodes table.
- Overhaul the cast articles to give more information about their work aside from the show.
- Overview categories - User:KarinS's excellent guide to our categories
- Site maintenance
- Production timeline - User:Werthead's brilliant and contemporaneous guide to behind the scenes activity. A wealth of references to be found here.
- Rewatch season 1 and write a series of blog posts about it.
- Overview Season 1: Ensure all cast members and characters have articles on March 27 2012.
- Fix category listings for character articles so that they are listed by surname.
- Restructure character articles as per this discussion.
- Copy edit our character articles working through Category:Characters systematically.
- Overview Season 1: Adding a complete cast listing, categorizing character pages by appearances, standardizing lead sections, adding appearances sections to each article. Completed February 2012.
- Checking every article under Category:Story for episode title sub-headers and converting these to references. Completed February 2012.
- Import a family tree template and make a Template: House Stark family tree before seeking feedback. Completed February 2012.
- Transfer all images in Category:Sigils to Category:Image (Sigil) and delete category sigils once unused. Completed February 2012.
- Template: Latest episode and Template: Episodes for the main page. Completed February 2012.
- Write a quiz for User:Bchwood. Completed February 2012.
- Images: categorising all of our images, tagging and deleting duplicates, making more use of the images we have by posting them on multiple articles where appropriate. Done all images uploaded on or before February 23, 2012. Completed February 2012.
- Category: Image Galleries: Work through systematically adding images to all appropriate articles and checking for duplicates. Completed March 6 2012.
- Navigation boxes based on Great Houses - Template:Lannister navbox, Template:Greyjoy navbox, Template:Tully navbox, Template:Tyrell navbox, Template:Arryn navbox, Template:Targaryen navbox, Template:Baratheon navbox, Template:Martell navbox March 20 2012 with User:Gonzalo84.
- Create Addam Marbrand and Battle of the Golden Tooth based on their mentions in "The Pointy End".