Triarch of Game of Thrones Wiki
QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES
What does a dragon demand? Information, usually.
"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations."
- -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, Chapter 12
"I have become a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls."
- -- Job 30:29
In case you people have forgotten, this wiki operates under the same rules as the rest of them.
Vandals are not the law. I am the Law.
As for my critics, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid, lying morality. And so I am beyond caring.
Heads. Spikes. Walls.Edit
The heads. You're looking at the heads. I, uh – sometimes he goes too far, you know –
- he's the first one to admit it!
- User:LovelyChrys - banned June 2012
- User:Ch'vyalthan - banned January 2013
- User:CestWhat - banned March 2013
- User:Rjcripe - banned May 2013
- User:TVH - banned May 2013
- User:DragonGirlRock - banned May 2013
- User:ReiZona - banned June 2013
- User:Punjabiknight - banned June 2013
- User:Tenzinkendrick - banned August 2013
- User:WalkingDead1998 - banned December 2013
- User:KatieTheAndreaFan - banned December 2013
- User:30isthenewdead - banned March 2014
- User:Bradley.finney.77 - banned May 2014
- User:PadrigustheKind - banned June 2014
- User:Ashwin45 - banned June 2014
- User:Vega Sahfire - banned June 2014
- User:DaarioNaharis - banned August 2014
- User:Hurley vill23 - banned September 2014
"Well, you see...things get confused out there: power, ideals, the old morality, practical necessity. But out there with these natives it must be a temptation to be God. Because there's a conflict in every human heart, between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. And good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature. Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have one. He has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane...He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And his methods have become...unsound."
Warning: anyone will instantly earn a permanent ban and join the other heads mounted on the wall if they ever mock my great friend Michael Hunt. I will not have my friend Mike ridiculed by common wiki-editors.
The New Number OneEdit
- There's always someone else trying to be Number One.
- Appointed as an Administrator of Game of Thrones Wiki - February 26th, 2013.
- Ranked up to #1 contributor on Game of Thrones Wiki, January 16th, 2014.
- First contributor to surpass 25,000 edits - July 21st, 2014.
- First contributor to surpass 10,000 wiki achievement points - July 21st, 2014.
- Made one of three Wiki-Bureaucrats ("Triachs") on Game of Thrones Wiki. - October 24th, 2014.
- First contributor to surpass 30,000 edits - January 31st, 2015.
"There is difference between a grub
and a butterfly; yet your butterfly was a grub.
This Martius is grown from man to Dragon:
he has wings; he is more than a creeping thing."
- -- Coriolanus, Act V, Scene IV
I've been asked if I'm in the Game of Thrones business, or the Wiki business.
The answer is neither: I'm in the empire business.
"Over the centuries, House Targaryen has produced both great men and monsters. Prince Daemon was both. In his day there was not a man so admired, so beloved, and so reviled in all Westeros. He was made of light and darkness in equal parts. To some he was a hero, to others the blackest of villains. No true understanding of that most tragic bloodletting known as the Dance of the Dragons is possible without a consideration of the crucial role played before and during the conflict by this rogue prince."
- --Archmaester Gyldayn
I will always be a proud member of the Colbert Nation.
"I took the Canal Zone, and let Congress debate; and while the debate goes on, the canal does also."
- -- Theodore Roosevelt
"Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes execute dangerous people. Either way helps."
- -- Mordin, Mass Effect 2
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
- -- Salvor Hardin, Foundation
"You disapprove? Well, too bad! We're in this for the species, boys and girls. It's simple numbers. They have more. And every day I have to make decisions that send hundreds of people like you to their deaths."
- -- Starship Troopers
"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer."
- -- Javik, the last surviving Prothean. Mass Effect 3
"Fear me, but follow! If you will not serve in combat, then you will serve on the firing line!"
- -- Unknown Imperial Guard Commissar, 412th Cadian Regiment, as he shot one of his retreating soldiers through the head, to rally his remaining troops into a counter-charge. Minutes later he and his entire platoon were wiped out in a vital rear-guard action, which ultimately ensured victory in the Lorn V campaign.
"Hereby it is manifest, that during the time men live without a common Power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called War; and such a war as is of every man against every man."
- -- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
"I am a trafficker of information, I know everything I can." -- The Merovingian, The Matrix Reloaded
"Every man dies, not every man really lives." -- Leeroy Jenkins
"Adam Friedberg is a visionary". -- George R. R. Martin
This wiki is my private, self-inflicted Hell. Rolling boulders up a hill only to see them fall down the hill again, time after time for eternity. Yet here I may reign secure, and in my choice: better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
"Blake understood. Treated it like a joke, but he understood. He saw the cracks in society, saw the little men in masks trying to hold it together...he saw the true face of the twentieth century and chose to become a reflection of it, a walking parody of it. No one else saw the joke. That's why he was lonely."
- -- Rorschach, Watchmen
"I want to go with you...I can't. I do belong here. These bad people...are what I'm good at. Out-talking them, out-thinking them... it's what I am. And I like it. I like it more than anything I've ever done."
"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it, and I was really – I felt alive." - Breaking Bad
"I...I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life, I don't apologize, to take care of my family. And I refused to be a fool dancing on the strings held by all of those big shots. I don't apologize, that's my life. But I thought that...when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the strings...There wasn't enough time...there just wasn't enough time..."
- The Doctor: "Tell me, am I a good man?"
- Clara: "...I...don't know."
- The Doctor: "...Neither do I."
- — The Twelfth Doctor and Clara
I am a monster...who dreamt he was a man...and loved it.
But now the dream is over.
And the Dragon is awake...
On TV AdaptationEdit
- Elio Garcia: "Season 4 is a season with a lot of things that were plot holes. I mean, genuine plot holes. Where they kind of decide to do their own thing, and ignore the realities around it. Like Arya and the Hound at the Bloody Gate [announcing her name despite the fact everyone assumes she's dead, and with no repercussions]. They want to do this thing, and they don't think it through, and they don't care. They think viewers won't care - and I'm sure many viewers don't. But if you want people to treat it as a work that you can look at critically, that you can take seriously, and break it down and study it, then you have to care about the people who do that. If you don't care, if it's just entertainment, and there's no pretense to "art", then I guess it's fine."
- Linda Antonsson: "You're basically pretending that you're just watching it from week to week, and you don't go back, you don't look at character arcs or anything - it just gets hollow...the idea of just shoving characters into positions because we want them to do this, we want them to do it now, without asking 'how are we going to get them there'?"
- Elio Garcia: "And they think, 'forget it, people won't notice. Leave that work to the viewers to defend us by coming up with complicated, ridiculous ideas for how to explain the psychology of a character, and why it is subtley different enough to explain why they are acting differently."
- — Elio and Linda, owners of Westeros.org, discuss sloppy changes to the TV adaptation of Game of Thrones.
Why I, as a diehard book-fan, worked to become an Administrator on a wiki focused on the TV adaptation:
- Lisa: "Dad, for the last time, please don't lower yourself to the level of the mob!"
- Homer: "Lisa, maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions. Now where's my giant foam cowboy hat and airhorn?"
- --The Simpsons, Season 4, "Whacking Day"
To Do ListEdit
- House Targaryen related topics
- Culture & Society articles. World-building topics in general.
- Maintain the the Cargo Cult.
- Characters significantly changed between books and TV series
- Actively enforce policy on using standard American English throughout all articles. I can no longer idly sit back and allow embarrassing instances of "favourite", "colour", "realise", and "aluminium".
- Remove all instances of single apostrophe marks used instead of actual quotation marks. First, this distorts wiki-code by italicizing or bolding things by accident. Second, it is simply incorrect grammar by the standards of American English.
- Actively enforce proper use of the serial comma: "Targaryen, Stark, and Lannister" is correct, not "Targaryen, Stark and Lannister". Are Starks and Lannisters a conceptual unit? Paired in any way? No. So why omit the comma that separates these two items?
- Rewatch Seasons 1-3 to revise and update earlier episode information.
- Finish screencapping and making updates based on the the Complete Guide to Westeros/Histories & Lore animated featurettes.
- Take followers to the Threshold.
All Hail the Mother of DragonsEdit
Daenerys of House Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, rightful Queen of Westeros.
My Favorite CharactersEdit
I'm going to enjoy watching you dieEdit
See full explanation: User:The Dragon Demands/I'm going to enjoy watching you die
- "Joffrey... Cersei... Ilyn Payne... The Hound... Polliver... The Mountain..."
- ―Arya Stark's "prayer"
Joffrey Baratheon Tywin Lannister
- Cersei Lannister
- Ilyn Payne
- Ser Meryn Trant and Ser Boros Blount
- Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
- Janos Slynt
- Ser Gregor Clegane
- Several of the Mountain's men:
The Tickler Polliver
- Several of the Mountain's men:
- The Brave Companions
- Roose Bolton
- Ramsay Snow, the Bastard of Bolton
- House Frey - particularly Lord Walder, Black Walder, Lothar, Emmon, Hosteen, and Walder Rivers.
- Various other Freys
- Rolph and Sybell Spicer
- Balon Greyjoy
- Euron Greyjoy