In case you people have forgotten, this wiki operates under the same rules as the rest of them.
Vandals are not the law.
I AM THE LAW.
Lord of Game of Thrones Wiki
QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES
The Dragon does not ask, it demands.
I am the Dragon. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: before me, you rightly tremble. But fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe!
"There is difference between a grub
and a butterfly; yet your butterfly was a grub.
This Martius is grown from man to Dragon:
he has wings; he is more than a creeping thing."
- -- Coriolanus, Act V, Scene IV
"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations."
- -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, Chapter 12
In running a wiki, there are many moments for compassion and tender action.
There are also many moments for ruthless action. For what is often called "ruthless" may, in many circumstances, be only clarity: seeing clearly what there is to be done and doing it directly, quickly, aware, looking at it.
As for my critics, I'm unconcerned. I'm beyond their timid, lying morality. And so I'm beyond caring.
Heads. Spikes. Walls.
The heads. You're looking at the heads. I, uh – sometimes he goes too far, you know – he's the first one to admit it!
- User:LovelyChrys - banned June 2012
- User:Ch'vyalthan - banned January 2013
- User:CestWhat - banned March 2013
- User:Rjcripe - banned May 2013
- User:TVH - banned May 2013
- User:DragonGirlRock - banned May 2013
- User:ReiZona - banned June 2013
- User:Punjabiknight - banned June 2013
- User:Pit12 - banned June 2013
- User:Tenzinkendrick - banned August 2013
"Well, you see...things get confused out there: power, ideals, the old morality, practical necessity. But out there with these natives it must be a temptation to be God. Because there's a conflict in every human heart, between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. And good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature. Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have one. He has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane...He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And his methods have become...unsound."
"I have become a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls."-- Job 30:29
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition." -- Star Trek, "Space Seed"
"Because I am better."
- -- Star Trek: Into Darkness
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -- Isaac Asimov
"They hunt me with dogs in the daylight,
they hunt me with torches by night,
For these men who are small can never stand tall,
whilst giants still walk in the light."
"I took the Canal Zone, and let Congress debate; and while the debate goes on, the canal does also."
- -- Theodore Roosevelt
"Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes execute dangerous people. Either way helps."
- -- Mordin, Mass Effect 2
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
- -- Salvor Hardin, Foundation
"You disapprove? Well, too bad! We're in this for the species, boys and girls. It's simple numbers. They have more. And every day I have to make decisions that send hundreds of people like you to their deaths."
- -- Starship Troopers
"Fear me, but follow! If you will not serve in combat, then you will serve on the firing line!"
- -- Unknown Imperial Guard Commissar, 412th Cadian Regiment, as he shot one of his retreating soldiers through the head, to rally his remaining troops into a counter-charge. Minutes later he and his entire platoon were wiped out in a vital rear-guard action, which ultimately ensured victory in the Lorn V campaign.
"God knows, it's easy to be kind; the hard thing is to be just." -- Les Misérables
"A cruel man, but fair." -- The Piranha Brothers
"I am a trafficker of information, I know everything I can." -- The Merovingian, The Matrix Reloaded
"Citizens of the United States, it is our holy duty to defend against the foreign hordes!" -- Zachary Hale Comstock "Burden not Columbia with your chaff."
"Every man dies, not every man really lives." -- Leeroy Jenkins
"Adam Friedberg is a visionary". -- George R. R. Martin
"I want to go with you...I can't. I do belong here. These bad people...are what I'm good at. Out-talking them, out-thinking them... it's what I am. And I like it. I like it more than anything I've ever done."
"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it, and I was really – I felt alive." - Breaking Bad
This wiki is my private, self-inflicted Hell. Rolling boulders up a hill only to see them fall down the hill again, time after time for eternity. Yet here I may reign secure, and in my choice: better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
"I...I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life, I don't apologize, to take care of my family. And I refused to be a fool dancing on the strings held by all of those big shots. I don't apologize, that's my life. But I thought that...when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the strings...There wasn't enough time...there just wasn't enough time..."
To Do List
- House Targaryen related topics
- Culture-related topics
- World-building topics in general
- Maintain the the Cargo Cult.
- Season 1 rewatch and revamp
- Season 2 rewatch and revamp
- Finish screencapping the Complete Guide to Westeros Seasons 1 and 2, and summaries for Season 2 (and Season 1 War of Conquest onwards).
- Actively enforce policy on using standard American English throughout all articles. I can no longer idly sit back and allow embarrassing instances of "favourite", "colour", "realise", and "aluminium".
- Remove all instances of single apostrophe marks used instead of actual quotation marks. First, this distorts wiki-code by italicizing or bolding things by accident. Second, it is simply incorrect grammar by the standards of American English.
- Actively enforce proper use of the serial comma: "Targaryen, Stark, and Lannister", not "Targaryen, Stark and Lannister". Are Starks and Lannisters a conceptual unit? Paired in any way? No. So why omit the comma that separates these two items?
Before Season 4 begins:
- Lock all templates
- Fix navigation
- Fix the blog problem
- Update through Season 3
Season 4 "begins" for this wiki when we first get new material after months of inactivity which followed the season finale: this will actually be the Season 3 Blu-ray set, will will contain another hour-long "Complete Guide to Westeros" set of narrated motion-comics (and the Complete Guides are usually crammed full of more factual information than a single live episode). They release the Blu-rays a few weeks before the next season, to hype up buzz about it.
This is not a good thing, as we are not just sitting around waiting for new information - many areas of the wiki are drastically behind, even for Season 3, much less for older episodes when the wiki was smaller and thus didn't get as much focus. The "off season" is when we have the free time to actually get major update projects done - during the live airing of a season, we're barely able to keep pace with basic plot synopsis updates.
The clock is ticking: the Season 3 Blu-ray release date is February 18th, 2014. We are running out of time to update the rest of the wiki.
I actually started adding material here in late June 2011, right after the Season 1 finale (and around the wiki's one year anniversary). At the time I was just using an anonymous account. I eventually decided that if I was contributing as much as I was I should have a username, which I created ten months later in April 2012 (just after Season 2 started). Hence the discrepancy between when it says I "joined" as this account, and when I "started adding material".
All Hail the Mother of Dragons
Daenerys of House Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, rightful Queen of Westeros.
My Favorite Characters
I'm going to enjoy watching you die
See full explanation: User:The Dragon Demands/I'm going to enjoy watching you die
- "Joffrey... Cersei... Ilyn Payne... The Hound... Polliver... The Mountain..."
- ―Arya Stark's "prayer"
- Joffrey Baratheon
- Tywin Lannister
- Cersei Lannister
- Ilyn Payne
- Ser Meryn Trant and Ser Boros Blount
- Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
- Ser Gregor Clegane
- Several of the Mountain's men (Raff the Sweetling, Dunsen)
- Vargo Hoat/Locke
- The Brave Companions
- Roose Bolton
- Ramsay Snow, the Bastard of Bolton
- House Frey - particularly Lord Walder, Black Walder, Lothar, Emmon, Hosteen, and Walder Rivers.
- Various other Freys
- Rolph and Sybell Spicer
- Balon Greyjoy
- Euron Greyjoy