In case you people have forgotten, this wiki operates under the same rules as the rest of them.
Vandals are not the law.
I AM THE LAW.
Lord of Game of Thrones Wiki
The Dragon does not ask, it demands.
"There is difference between a grub
and a butterfly; yet your butterfly was a grub.
This Martius is grown from man to Dragon:
he has wings; he is more than a creeping thing."
- -- Coriolanus, Act V, Scene IV
"I took the Canal Zone, and let Congress debate; and while the debate goes on, the canal does also." -- Theodore Roosevelt
"Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes execute dangerous people. Either way helps." -- Mordin, Mass Effect 2
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
- -- Salvor Hardin, Foundation
QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES
"I want to go with you...I can't. I do belong here. These bad people...are what I'm good at. Out-talking them, out-thinking them... it's what I am. And I like it. I like it more than anything I've ever done."
"Citizens of the United States, it is our holy duty to defend against the foreign hordes!" -- Zachary Hale Comstock "Burden not Columbia with your chaff."
"Every man dies, not every man really lives." -- Leeroy Jenkins
"Adam Friedberg is a visionary". -- George R. R. Martin
To Do List
I do what needs to be done:
- House Targaryen related topics
- Culture-related topics
- World-building topics in general
- Season 1 rewatch and revamp
- Season 2 rewatch and revamp
- Finish screencapping the Complete Guide to Westeros Seasons 1 and 2, and summaries for Season 2 (and Season 1 War of Conquest onwards).
- Actively enforce policy on using standard American English throughout all articles. I can no longer idly sit back and allow incorrect instances of "favourite", "colour", "realise", and "aluminium".
- Remove all instances of single apostrophe marks used instead of actual quotation marks. First, this distorts wiki-code by italicizing or bolding things by accident. Second, it is simply incorrect grammar by the standards of American English.
- Actively enforce proper use of the serial comma: "Targaryen, Stark, and Lannister", not "Targaryen, Stark and Lannister". Are Starks and Lannisters a conceptual unit? Paired in any way? No. So why omit the comma that separates these two items?
I actually started adding material here in late June 2011, right after the Season 1 finale (and around the wiki's one year anniversary). At the time I was just using an anonymous account. I eventually decided that if I was contributing as much as I was I should have a username, which I created ten months later in April 2012 (just after Season 2 started). Hence the discrepancy between when it says I "joined" as this account, and when I "started adding material".
All Hail the Mother of Dragons
Daenerys of House Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, rightful Queen of Westeros.
Heads. Spikes. Walls.
The heads. You're looking at the heads. I, uh – sometimes he goes too far, you know – he's the first one to admit it!
- User:LovelyChrys - banned June 2012
- User:Ch'vyalthan - banned January 2013
- User:CestWhat - banned March 2013
- User:Rjcripe - banned May 2013
- User:TVH - banned May 2013
"Well, you see...things get confused out there: power, ideals, the old morality, practical necessity. But out there with these natives it must be a temptation to be god. Because there's a conflict in every human heart, between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. And good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature. Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have one. He has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane...He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And his methods have become...unsound."