Just finished rewatching the entire series, start to finish - well, up to the most recent episode. Pretty clear that the White Walker and their Undead Army represent a major threat to humanity. However, I do believe there is a very plausible and fairly straightforward way to beat back the army - with or without dragons and Daenerys' legions of unsullied and horse-whisperers.
If this happens:
- The North unites under Jon Snow and Sansa Stark - meaning all rebellions (specifically Bolton's) must be crushed quickly
- The army of the Dead is unable to use boats and must cross over/through the Wall
- Pyromancers get enlisted to make more wildfire
- Bag of dragonglass is recovered
Then this could happen:
- Caches of wildfire placed strategically along/atop Wa…