Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The TV series fans can stop guessing where to go on holidays this summer, this is the complete list of 44 locations used (from season 1 to season 6) on the Game of Thrones filming.
• Magheramorne: Hardhome, the Wall and Castle Black
• Murlough Bay: The Iron Islands
• Mussenden Temple: Dragonstone
• Corbet: Riverrun
• Castle Ward: Winterfell
• Ballintoy Harbour: Pyke and the Iron Islands
• The Dark Hedges: The stretch of road connecting to King’s Landing
• Larrybane: The Stormlands, including Renly Baratheon’s war camp
• Tollymore Forest Park: This is where Ned Stark discovered the direwolves and also where a family of dead Wildings were discovered by a member of the Night’s Watch.
• Cushendun Caves: The Stormlands, this is where the Red Woman gave birth to Stannis demon child.
• Inch Abbey: This is the place where Robb Stark’s camp was located and it is also where he was proclaimed the King in the North.
• Grjótagjá: This is Jon Snow and Ygritte love nest
• Vatnajökull: Beyond The Wall
• Svinafellsjökull: The Fist of the First Men and also Frostfangs
• Höfðabrekka: This is where Jon Snow ventured into Frostfang
• Dimmuborgir: The Wildling Camp
• Thingvellir National Park: This featured the journey of Arya and Sandor Clegane in Westeros.
• Klis Fortress: Meereen
• Split: It was used as King’s Landing
• Dubrovnik: King’s Landing
• The Walls of Ston : The fortifications in King’s Landing
• Sibenik: The free city of Braavos
• Lokrum: Qarth
• Trsteno Arboretum: The gardens of King’s Landing
• Krka National Park: Various scenes across the Seven Kingdoms
• Seville: The Water Gardens of Dorne
• Osuna: Danzak’s Pit in Meereen City
• Cordoba: The long bridge of Volantis
• Almeria: Dorne
• Alhamilla mountains: The home-base of the Dothrakis
• Peñiscola: Meereen
• Canet de Mar: Horn hill, the house of Samwell Tarly.
• Girona: Braavos
• Besalú: Highgarden
• Zafra Castle : The Tower of Joy
• Bardenas Reales: This is where major scenes featuring Mother of Dragons have been filmed.
• Gozo Island: The Azure Window was the filming site for Daenerys and Khal Drogo’s wedding.
• Verdala Palace: The house of Illyrio Mopatis
• Mdina: It was used as the filming location for King’s Landing.
• Fort Manoel: The Great Sept of Baelor where King Joeffrey slayed Ned Stark.
• Fort Ricasoli: The Red Keep Gate in King’s Landing.
• Ouarzazate: Pentos
• Essaouira: Astapor
Aït Benhaddou: Yunkai
[Source | Yescapa ]