The TV series fans can stop guessing where to go on holidays this summer, this is the complete list of 44 locations used (from season 1 to season 6) on the Game of Thrones filming.
• Magheramorne: Hardhome, the Wall and Castle Black
• Murlough Bay: The Iron Islands
• Mussenden Temple: Dragonstone
• Corbet: Riverrun
• Castle Ward: Winterfell
• Ballintoy Harbour: Pyke and the Iron Islands
• The Dark Hedges: The stretch of road connecting to King’s Landing
• Larrybane: The Stormlands, including Renly Baratheon’s war camp
• Tollymore Forest Park: This is where Ned Stark discovered the direwolves and also where a family of dead Wildings were discovered by a member of the Night’s Watch.
• Cushendun Caves: The Stormlands, this is where the Red Woman gave birth to Stannis demon child.
• Inch Abbey: This is the place where Robb Stark’s camp was located and it is also where he was proclaimed the King in the North.
• Grjótagjá: This is Jon Snow and Ygritte love nest
• Vatnajökull: Beyond The Wall
• Svinafellsjökull: The Fist of the First Men and also Frostfangs
• Höfðabrekka: This is where Jon Snow ventured into Frostfang
• Dimmuborgir: The Wildling Camp
• Thingvellir National Park: This featured the journey of Arya and Sandor Clegane in Westeros.
• Klis Fortress: Meereen
• Split: It was used as King’s Landing
• Dubrovnik: King’s Landing
• The Walls of Ston : The fortifications in King’s Landing
• Sibenik: The free city of Braavos
• Lokrum: Qarth
• Trsteno Arboretum: The gardens of King’s Landing
• Krka National Park: Various scenes across the Seven Kingdoms
• Seville: The Water Gardens of Dorne
• Osuna: Danzak’s Pit in Meereen City
• Cordoba: The long bridge of Volantis
• Almeria: Dorne
• Alhamilla mountains: The home-base of the Dothrakis
• Peñiscola: Meereen
• Canet de Mar: Horn hill, the house of Samwell Tarly.
• Girona: Braavos
• Besalú: Highgarden
• Zafra Castle : The Tower of Joy
• Bardenas Reales: This is where major scenes featuring Mother of Dragons have been filmed.
• Gozo Island: The Azure Window was the filming site for Daenerys and Khal Drogo’s wedding.
• Verdala Palace: The house of Illyrio Mopatis
• Mdina: It was used as the filming location for King’s Landing.
• Fort Manoel: The Great Sept of Baelor where King Joeffrey slayed Ned Stark.
• Fort Ricasoli: The Red Keep Gate in King’s Landing.
• Ouarzazate: Pentos
• Essaouira: Astapor
Aït Benhaddou: Yunkai
[Source | Yescapa ]