The Season 3 deleted scenes were very underwhelming this year compared to Season 2, which included a lot of Loras scenes mourning Renly which were sorely lacking from the main episodes.
Well that's a bit unfair: the Tywin-Pycelle deleted scene is amazing, but it already premiered at San Diego Comic-Con last summer.
The deleted scenes are:
- Tywin and Pycelle (deleted)
- Jon Snow considers fleeing
- Jon Snow meets Mance Rayder (extended)
- Robb, Northern lords, and the Tullys at Riverrun (extended)
- Small Council discusses the wildling threat (deleted)
Well, we've seen the Tywin-Pycelle stuff - it's great, doesn't really add any "new" information but adds some firm interaction between the two. Also very well filmed (Tywin is fishing and clubbing the fish de…Read more >
Shorter than the first one and with less new material.
Expected I guess: the original was the first Game of Thrones content we had in months, they wanted a big impact. This trailer feels more like part of a series of trailers.
Not much new info, but things I've noticed:
- Arya never met Melisandre in the books so she never added her to her hitlist. She didn't even do anything too bad to Gendry (that Arya knows of).
- First look at Styr, Magnar of the Thenn: the most advanced, disciplined, and dangerous of the wildling tribes. He just happened to be bald in the books - the TV series added the ritual scarification.
- Meereen, last and largest of the cities in Sla…
The 15 minute "Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing" preview for Season 4 was just posted.
- Forging two swords at the beginning.
- During the fast opening montage, there's a shot of Ramsay Snow hunting...with an apparently happy girl running behind him. That will turn dark.
- IMPORTANT: There's blink-or-you'll miss shot of riders holding banners, showing off some new Heraldry of previously unseen Houses from Dorne.
- The trailer clearly establishes that Jaime will be training with Bronn now. In the books, when Jaime gets back home he starts trying to retrain himself to use a sword left-handed, and he does it with Ilyn Payne (who, having had his tongue cut out, can'…
We finally have details on the extras in the Season 3 Blu-ray, being released February 18th. Particularly, we now have a list of what the next set of "Complete Guide to Westeros" videos (a full hour of content) will be:
Deleted and Extended Scenes - Five scenes are available:
- "Jon Meets Mance"
- "Edmure, Robb and The Blackfish"
- "Tywin and Pycelle"
- "Small Council Discusses Wildling Threat"
- "Jon Thinks About Escaping"
Well, I was really hoping for deleted scenes showing that Loras is really mourning Renly, and just "drowning his sorrows" with Olyver - Bryan Cogman said that he actually *scripted* such scenes but they were cut for time. I had hoped they'd filme…Read more >
Not much to report here, but a few things stood out:
- There's a shot of Tywin sitting down on the Iron Throne with apparently the full assembled Small Council - including Oberyn Martell at his right, Cersei to Oberyn's right. On Tywin's left away from the camera is more difficult to see...nonetheless, sitting immediately on Tywin's left we have our first semi-good image of Mace Tyrell. Margaery and Loras as to their father's left, not sure who is to Loras's left.
- There are stay shots here and there of characters we know but in slightly different costumes, i.e. Jaime, Brienne, Cersei, one or two new shots of Oberyn, etc. Best one was a very good closeup of Margaery's ornate wedding h…