Hi, welcome to Game of Thrones Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the User:QueenBuffy page.
| The Queens Archives|
Maybe you saw, but just in case. 99.999% certain won't make you reconsider, still felt it wasn't a totally invalid point on my part. User talk:WaitingForYou#uploading_new_images WaitingForYou (talk) 11:27, April 16, 2015 (UTC)
I need you to review "Version 2.0" of my writeup of this, sooner instead of later, I don't want to put it off until the end of Season 5, but to make it our "official position" and interlink with episode and character articles as soon as the other bureaucrats give it the go-ahead. Please point out anything you feel needs to be changed: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jaime/Cersei_sex_scene_in_%22Breaker_of_Chains%22
Licensing non-HBO imagesEdit
- Fairuse is always the safe bet. QueenBuffy 19:03, April 18, 2015 (UTC)
- I can update the Fairuse template if you'd like. QueenBuffy 19:09, April 18, 2015 (UTC)
Jaqen H'ghar in Season 5?Edit
Main Page sliding panelEdit
- Well, Season 5 is interlinked through so many other things. I'm not sure, though. We should probably keep the mobile app link and the video game link.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 19:41, April 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Do you mean a Season 5/Wiki greeting panel in the first slider spot? QueenBuffy 21:45, April 26, 2015 (UTC)
Featured Programming UpdatedEdit
I noticed today that the featured programming section of Community Messages was painfully outdated. So I updated it with the recent Q&A and Giveaway things. Figured I might as well keep this updated every week or so. Let me know if you'd rather handle it or want a correction or something. Hopefully you don't mind!
Your message Edit
I just read your comment on my page, you're right about the images not adding categories, sorry for forgetting haha :( I used to add them but this time I forgot for the images I lately posted :(
About replacing the images with higher quality, I didn't know I could do that. If I replace the same picture because it's in low quality, I'll replace the old picture like you said! :) And for the elongated images, OK! :) I usually leave them as they are when I replace the info box image, but now I'll start making sure it's elongated :)
Thanks for the advice! :)
Free Copy of Telltale GoTEdit
Since you responded to the blog post I made in regards to best unfair fights, I wanted to pass along a Steam code for you. It's for the game Telltale: Game of Thrones. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can give you a code :)
Ideas for additional codesEdit
It's me again :)
I wanted to ask you about some ideas we had in regards to giving out some free game codes for Telltale: Game of Thrones.
We have a bunch of codes that we want to give to the community and had some ideas about how to do it:
(a) Us adding a "pencil unit" calling out the latest "The List" blog post and the giveaway that's part of it on relevant pages: TT GOT overview page (http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones:_A_Telltale_Games_Series), TT GOT hub (http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Telltale%27s_Game_of_Thrones_Super_Walkthrough), the latest episode article page (for example, http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Sons_of_the_Harpy_(episode)). I can send you a screenshot of what it would look like on an article page
(b) Running a giveaway blog post (requirements to enter: log in, then leave a comment with your favorite GOT character) and then featuring that giveaway in the first slot of the main page slider for a few days?
(c) Lastly, would you mind if we updated the text of the community message itself when you change the Featured Programs section (so instead of sending the generic notice "Community Message has been Updated" it updates with context and a link)?
Let me know if your thoughts and concerns and please pass this on to any other admins you feel it should go to.
Why did you revert and ban the anonymous edits to Filming locations which added links to tour companies? And you banned their IP addresses. That's why there's a links section there - for tour companies to be added to. I don't think it counts as solicitation - though we do have to weed out the "good quality" tours from the small scale stuff just trying to latch onto the name.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 22:33, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I just assumed it was spamming out to external sites. If we are going to allow "some" external links, we need to specify this in our policy. QueenBuffy 03:25, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
36? Cool. I hope you get stuff. No one remembered my b-day last time around (save my nuclear family) though obviously that's because I graduated and moved so it's not like I'm in contact with as many as I used to be.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 23:45, May 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Yep, 36.. gettin' old! BAH! Thankfully most still think I am in my 20s. :)~ Well, no one would remember my Bday if it wasn't for Facebook. haha QueenBuffy 03:25, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Happy belated birthday!--Gonzalo84 (talk) 18:20, May 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Aw, thank you!! But it was my "name day" really. ;) lol QueenBuffy 18:25, May 19, 2015 (UTC)
Hall of FacesEdit
- I think maybe just a "See Also: Hall of faces" at the bottom of the page? I don't know. I guess we can see what others think. QueenBuffy 19:34, May 19, 2015 (UTC)
We have a new beta project out, and since it's going to be critical to Wikia's future, we're asking for your help.
We want to partner with your community (and a couple others) and collaborate on a redesign of your existing infoboxes. It’s not a small task, but it’s one that we think we can get done relatively quickly and efficiently. Our engineers - both here in San Francisco and in Poland - will get hands-on with your community and work with your team to redesign the infoboxes.
You can read more here in the forum (and head to the sandbox to give it a whirl), but the tl:dr version: our current infobox structure translates very poorly to mobile experiences, and mobile is where Wikia’s growth lies. We came up with a solution that will take a bit of effort, but will pay significant dividends in the near future. What we're hoping is that we can use this community to test out its strengths and limitations while we get it from “beta” to “full feature”.
What you get out of the deal:
- Wikia engineers who will work directly with your community to update the code that underpins your infoboxes
- Access to staff for feedback, and our promise that your ideas will be taken seriously
- A head-start on this change and therefore a significant upgrade in your community’s visibility
What we get out of the deal:
- Several fresh sets of eyes that can help us understand how this will be used by the average Wikian
- A test community that will let us track how the new infobox structure is used by visitors and viewers
- The opportunity to share this initiative’s successes (and failures, I’m sure!) with the wider Wikia community and show them that it’s a smart plan for our shared mobile future
Please talk this over with your admin team and let me know. I’m happy to answer any and all questions about this - please use my wall or just keep the conversation going here.
We'd love your help, but it's not 100% necessary. You have gorgeous infoboxes, of course, I should've complimented them before. We'd have zero interest in doing anything that would ruin them; we just want to get a better experience for mobile users.
I'd absolutely love to discuss with your other admins - who do you recommend I talk to? Do you folks chat together somewhere?