Hi, welcome to Game of Thrones Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the User:QueenBuffy page.
| The Queens Archives|
Infobox heraldry imagesEdit
- They've been messed up and never looked right for me. QueenBuffy 01:06, August 27, 2014 (UTC)
Request for help Edit
Hi QueenBuffy. I approved your request, and I'm here to help. I wanted to let you know that I saw the discussion at Forum:New Skin ideas and posted a message there. I think it's good that members of the community are getting involved on this important issue. Once a decision for a new background has been agreed upon, I'll be happy to make it. JoePlay (talk) 18:47, August 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up. I just used the theme designer to upload the new background image and change the colors. Currently, the color changes worked fine but the new background image is not appearing. Here's a screenshot of the theme designer showing exactly what the new background should look like. If the new background does not appear within a few hours (it's currently about 5:30 pm US central time), please report the problem using the form at Special:Contact/bug. JoePlay (talk) 22:29, August 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Any new hopefuls? QueenBuffy 05:03, August 26, 2014 (UTC)
- I am familiar with Mesmermann's work, but not Daemon's so much. Let me take a look at his contributions. QueenBuffy 02:57, August 29, 2014 (UTC)
There are several likely candidates. I don't think Mesmermann contributed enough in Season 4 (those edits he did make were mostly adding cast credit info).
I previously suggested Daemon Targaryen and Rachel P. Though you may remember what happened the last time we suggested appointed new Admins: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Gonzalo84?diff=prev&oldid=146903
- I suppose we could ask them, and if they are interested, put them both on a probationary admin period? For some reason, I think Rachel P use to be an Admin. QueenBuffy 04:39, August 31, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't know if Rachel was an Admin on here before. But my reasons for supporting here are 1 - She seems a mature and responsible contributor, 2 - I'm pissed off that wikis tend to be male-dominated and fear the accusation that it's an "old boys" club; thus as affirmative action of sorts, she's at the top of the list of female candidates that I know of, 3 - by the same logic, good to have an Australian represented. 4 - We need a Tyrell supporter amongst the Admins to balance things out. My only concern is that once appointed as Admins I kind of expect people to be on here pretty regularly - but once they get the title most get enthusiastic anyway. But what do I know? I'm just rambling here...--The Dragon Demands (talk) 05:28, August 31, 2014 (UTC)
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Log/maps It turns out that "Banned" users can still edit our nascent Maps pages. This is bad. I don't know how to deal with this, I hope Wikia gets around to it.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 23:39, August 30, 2014 (UTC)
- I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up! QueenBuffy 00:09, August 31, 2014 (UTC)
- It seems as though this has been a known issue and the Wikia staff (within the next few days) should have it fixed. QueenBuffy 16:30, September 2, 2014 (UTC)
The top bar wiki navigation menu is no longer displaying properly, only as the default. When I attempt to edit it, the normal Menu is still there (with "Episodes", "Characters", etc.) - it's just not displaying. I didn't touch it recently.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 20:53, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
- What were the tabs supposed to be? In which order? QueenBuffy 23:15, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Nevermind, it is displaying normally now. Don't know, maybe some system upgrades or something.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 23:25, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
What/where are the special wiki tool pages we can use to see things such as:
1 - A list of the Most Visited pages - perhaps even "Most Visited within a certain timeframe" (overall, "Eddard Stark" or "Jon Snow" weight very high because they were major Season 1 characters...but "Most Visited in the past week" or "Most Visited in the past month" might give us a better idea of where to devote our attention).
2 - You mentioned "Just looked at the numbers for finale night. Our page got 3.2 million views/visitors!!! WOW!! I think that is a new record!" -- What wiki/internet tool do we use to check the daily and/or weekly site hits on Game of Thrones Wiki?--The Dragon Demands (talk) 23:36, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Sure. I click the "Admin" link at the bottom of the page...the one on the bottom brown toolbar. Once that is opened, you can see page views and how many edits are made on a day (for up to 1 week). That is located on the right of the page. Then, if you click the "advanced" tab next to the "general" one...you can find all kinds of interesting links in there. Let me know if that helps. QueenBuffy 00:55, September 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Yep! Incredible numbers for the off season, right?! :) QueenBuffy 03:16, September 2, 2014 (UTC)
I'll put it in prospective. True Blood just finished its final season. Finale night we reached 300,000views/hits...any other normal day during season, we averaged around 69,000. So yes, a normal day for us is a quarter of a million people, that is very good/high traffic. :) QueenBuffy 14:04, September 2, 2014 (UTC)
First week of schoolEdit
I apologize for being in "standby mode" since September began; it was the first week of school and I had to get a handle on that in real life. I'm back now and catching up on the past 700 posts - then to finally get back to my "To Do" list.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 00:58, September 15, 2014 (UTC)
Please read immediatelyEdit
Please read this immediately: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:WinterIscoming.net_is_plagiarizing_Game_of_Thrones_Wiki
Please e-mail me so we can discuss things privately. If you don't want to use your main real-life e-mail make a dummy account for wiki purposes as I have. My wiki e-mail is TheDragonDemands@hotmail.com.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 23:55, September 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Sure thing. Expect something from Pefirstname.lastname@example.org QueenBuffy 00:42, October 1, 2014 (UTC)
So...you guys wanna team up and take over Game of Thrones Wiki?Edit
I've initiated a Vote of No Confidence in Adam Whitehead, aka Werthead.
Under the new regime I've proposed, we will have three co-head Wiki-Bureaucrats (like the Triarchs of Volantis) sharing power jointly: Gonzalo84, QueenBuffy, and The Dragon Demands.
The current situation is this: the Wikia Staff say they can't remove Adam, that's simply up to us. Depending on how the other 5 Admins vote in the forum thread I started. Wikia Staff has no control over that. With no repercussions from them if we vote to remove Adam's Administratorship, and/or decry his inactivity. I already voted to remove his Adminship, so that leaves the four of you. I've spoken with you each via e-mail to know that you guys either didn't actively support him, or said in as many words that we need new leadership.
If I die, I die. But before that, I'll live. The show is going to end in three or four seasons, and I realized I couldn't keep going on in what time remains with Adam claiming credit for all the work going on here, when his activity fell down to ridiculous levels. If I lose everything for that - it happens. But I couldn't keep going on being taken advantage of like that. I'd rather go out on my own terms. Well, read through his responses and my responses in the forum thread thoroughly. I will respect your decisions.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 01:35, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
GoT Bracket TournamentEdit
Hey there, just checking in with you about a project we've got in the works. We'd like to do a GoT Bracket Tournament here - I'm sure you've seen them on other wikias (an example, just in case) - but I wanted to run it by you first to make sure you'd be okay with having one here. Same deal as we've done in the past where users vote on polls to determine who goes through to the next round until we get down to a final round in order to crown a winner. Sound alright? Please let me know as soon as you can so we can get to work on building it out & setting it in motion. :) Thanks, Queen B!
Vote for new BureaucratsEdit
The Wikia Staff said that even though Werthead is stepping down voluntarily, we need to have an open vote to determine who will now be promoted to Bureaucrat status. Please check it out: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Vote_for_New_Bureaucrats --The Dragon Demands (talk) 20:38, October 13, 2014 (UTC)
Well I sent Talk page messages to the three Wikia Staff members yesterday asking about the vote given that a week has elapsed. Haven't heard anything back yet.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 16:45, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
Peaky Blinders Edit
Hi Buffy, I couldn't help but notice your a Peaky Blinders fan. Well, as it happens I created a Peaky Blinders Wiki last week because I didn't think there was one. I googled it, and went through about five pages of search results but couldn't find anything! Well, anyway, as you can see there is one, but it's been dead for over year, and no one edits it. The founder made a few blank pages, but then just gave up... also he/she used a hyphen in the url title... peaky-blinders.wikia.com, rather than peakyblinders. Anyway, if you want I can make you an admin on the new wiki, and we could set it up together? Might be fun:-) Let me know what you think.--Ser Patrek, the Wolfskinner 10:16, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
Peaky Blinders Edit
Ugh, are you serious? I've been working on that other one for a few days now and asked to be admin on it! lol I just saw yours... go ahead and come over to this other one peaky-blinders. I have about 24 pages done now, templates and more images. I've also designed the front- just waiting to be admin so I can finish the design of it. Also, when you google Peaky Blinders Wikia, it is the first and only one that shows upQueenBuffy 14:20, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Sounds like a plan! I'll get Wikia to close the other one.--Ser Patrek, the Wolfskinner 07:32, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
GoT Personality QuizEdit
Hey again! Another thing in the works is a Personality Quiz - something that would look like THIS one, but obviously GoT themed. Is that something we're willing to have on here? If so, which 6 characters do you - and esp. Dragon - think would be the best to use? I know which ones I would pick, but being staff myself I'd rather they came direct from you guys.
Also, @Dragon - I message QueenB about things like this because I've known her for years & we go way back, not because I mean to exclude you in anyway. On the contrary, your input is extremely valuable in these matters, but posting the exact same thing on both your walls seems a bit spammy. I'm also confident that you will see anything I post here, because you're just that good. >:)
Please let me know as soon as you get a chance, and as always, thank you for your time!
Hey, when do you want me to send the image for the reign affiliation??
- Oh I see someone already link the image to a wikia, but it's the wrong link, its 'http://reign.wikia.com/wiki/Reign_Wiki' Also, I want to switch the image for one that shows up better :)
Perfect, here. Also, I added an extra coma when I gave you the last link, it's http://reign.wikia.com/wik
- Also, on a completely seperate note, how would I apply for rollback rights here? Like, just clean up & delete pointless pictures, and redundant text etc.
Hey there! Just a heads up - the Bracket Tournament we've been talking about is scheduled to go live this Friday (Nov. 14). We're going to want to get the word out to our users about it, so I'm thinking we need to grab a Main Page slider spot for it - any thoughts on which one to swap out? The personality quiz will be the same type of deal, as a further heads-up, so we need to be thinking about which two to swap out. Possibly a Community message too? I won't be around Thurs/Fri, so Gcheung28 will likely be spearheading the tournament.
- This sounds fun. I am preparing for a midterm which is actually being hold on Thursday so I might not be of much help until Fridayish.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 02:58, November 11, 2014 (UTC)