Main Page Cast PortraitsEdit
The Greyjoys will likely play a lesser role this season, while the Tyrells become more prominent. Do you have a Tyrell banner/image we could use for the slider?--Gonzalo84 (talk) 21:57, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, Gonzalo84 and I went on a spree the past week locking all conceivable articles from anonymous editing and newly registered users. I'm moderately curious how the trolls will try to get through that. I wonder if we'll need to upgrade to full "Administrators-only" lock if things get rough. Oh...at the moment, what I meant about the books was Daenerys. Thank god. I don't blame the show for this too much, the Qarth storyline in Book 2 was just boring in general, but we haven't had that "HELL YEAH, DAENERYS!" feeling that there was at the end of Season 1. According to advanced reviews, it returns in full force this season. Book 3 is why people *are* Daenerys fans, not even her book 1 storyline.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 00:30, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
Buffy, thanks for the comment :) I just watched the first episode of the third season... fantastic!!! Your wiki has done an awesome job gathering information on the Game of Thrones HBO series :) Darkwynters (talk) 03:18, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
Servants of DarknessEdit
No. Its just a term employed by Melisandre just like "servants of light". If you're asking me this because of the Good Masters, the Good Masters are a ruling caste in Astapor, the title is employed in the episode.Gonzalo84 (talk) 03:36, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
House Bolton Edit
This is not Elisa Lasowski This is Elisa Lasowski.
- I've send a mail to Elisa Lasowski agent, and asked her to confirm what her role is, role description.
Hey, thanks a ton for the help on the Tormund page. I am completely new here, so I apologize for messing things up a bit, haha.
I had no idea how the quote system works. I am currently looking through the tutorials right now. I also picked the wrong episode. I was supposed to pick "Valar Dohaeris", not "Walk of Punishment." -BH-Assassin (talk) 16:07, April 2, 2013 (UTC)
Episode Count Edit
Oh, of course! No problem! I am a huge fan of the show and I love this wiki and I love editing it! And aren't you an admin on True Blood Wiki also? I've been meaning to start editing there... But yeah, no problem at all :)
Really? I'm on Season 2 but haven't started the season yet... the show's pretty good, in my opinion.... anyways, wanna be friends? :3
Awesome! And yea, it kind of is cheesy at moments xD User:Lily! April 2, 2013
Hi! I noticed that you created an Affiliates page for this wiki and it looks great! I'm glad that you've gotten a couple of affiliates already :) Just wondering if you wanted any help with this, and I think it would be good if the Game of Thrones Wiki got some affiliates from external sites! You could get a lot more traffic to the wiki through other big fan sites.
We also have a GoT button that we made when I asked Werthead about starting an affiliates program a while back that you can see here if you want to use that to give to other wikis rather than your wordmark. Let me know what you think and if you would like any help! Grace 17:00, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, great! I'll start looking for more affiliates for GoT, and I'll also switch out the button on the Affiliates/Apply page with the one I showed you. Grace 18:49, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Great! Thanks again! QueenBuffy 18:55, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
- I intervened on your talk page over at the Downtown Abbey wiki.--Gonzalo84 (talk) 00:18, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
Fun Wikia ProjectEdit
Hey Buffy! I wanted to let you know about an interesting initiative Wikia is rolling out. We're reaching out to a few trusted admins first about it because we'd really like to involve you guys specifically. Would you be open to working with us and other Wikia Community members in coming up with ideas for our programs? You'd be invited to join developer round-tables, co-author quizzes and other content, and maybe be invited to the Wikia offices in June (we would fly you out of course). I realize that this is intentially vague, but if you're interested and think you can be free to travel around late May - early June, and feel comfortable signing an Non-Disclosure Agreement, we can put you on our list of interested members.
We will of course let you know of more details in the future, but if you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm!
Kate 20:40, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
Hey Buffy! Since your an admin, I was just wondering if you could unlock the Maisie Williams page as it needs some editing done on it. Thanks! :)
Thanks! And of course :)
Yeah, I do know about the image policy but was unaware of categorizing them by copyright and all that other stuff. And since I don't want to go against any of the rules, could you explain how to categorize them and all that other stuff you listed?
Okay, awesome. I'll start to tag the other ones and stuff in a little bit. Thanks a lot, Buffy, I really appreciate it! :)
Oh and one more thing: is there a limit of images/gifs we can have on our profile?
Okay, cool. Thanks :D
Hey there! I run an unofficial Game of Thrones Seven Kingdoms wiki and would love to become an affiliate of the Game of Thrones Wiki.I love the work you guys have done on the site, and I think a link exchange would benefit us both. I have added your button with a link both on my sites homepage, and the affiliates section of our about us page, and have posted a button you can add to your affiliates section if you wish.
I can be reached at admin[at]gotmmowiki.com if need be.
- It would have been helpful if you explained to begin with that this is a wiki for an upcoming HBO-produced Game of Thrones MMORPG browser-based video game. Well we're a wiki for the TV show so we don't put in video game info, but interlinking to other wikis for official video games might work out. You need to ask User:Werthead he's the Founder and lead Admin of this wiki.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 14:17, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Hello The Dragon Demands, thank you for your swift reply. Yes, the site is based around the upcoming Game of Thrones Seven Kingdoms MMORPG, I apologise, for not making this clearer. It is likely that there will be players who wish to find out more about the game's source material, and I can't think of a better place for them to do so than this wiki. Likewise, there may be people who wish to find out more about the Game of Thrones MMORPG and since this isn't something covered by this wiki find my site useful. As Renly Baratheon told Catelyn Stark, we are natural allies.
- I was directed by your affiliates page to contact QueenBuffy - is this no longer the case? Cold Universe (talk) 14:51, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
Oh my gosh... Edit
Okay.... so, yeah.... the episode last night.... the ending... IT WAS SO PERFECT! I just need someone to talk to about it because I freakin' loved this episode....
I know! I was literally dying in the credits! I mean, she's got an army, three badass dragons, Barristan, Jorah, and that guy's slave. And yea, even though Jaime isn't one of my favorites, I felt bad for him... but yea, Dany is one badass bitch
Oops, sorry about that. But, yeah, if you didn't mind choosing a new crown, that would be better. Maybe something a little more cartooney, with fewer pixels. Oh, and it's appearing in the recent changes because it's a new file. Nothing to worry about. Love the House Bolton slider, btw.--250px40px 05:24, April 29, 2013 (UTC)
I'm a new-found fan of the show, and was wondering if perhaps we could help each other out. Due to some shared themes (albeit, OUaT's are far more "toned down" than that of GoT :P) our two shows will hopefully share a similar fanbase, and so people will be lead to our wiki through yours, a fairly popular one, via your affiliates. And people will be lead to your wiki vice versa via ours.
^This is our wiki's wordmark, which will be able to be displayed on your wiki, accompanied by a link. I have already uploaded your wiki's wordmark to ours, for the same use. You can see our current affiliates section on the mainpage link to my wiki that I provided above, and we would just love to be able to add this place to our list. :)
I'm not quite sure if this message follows the rules you have for requesting such things, but I was told to come to you to ask, and I hope that you will consider our offer.
Guess who? Edit
Hey Chuckles, guess who? Sorry I've not been in touch for so long, but OMG, I've got so much to tell you. Can we go on chat sometime today? The Knight of the Flowers 10:03, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
The more things change the more they fucking stay the same! Anyway, what I was going to say is that no sooner had I messaged you Lovely Fucking Chris started messaging me on SVM Wiki, asking to be an admin, if you can believe it! Anyway, I have YIM - email@example.com Message me soon!!! The Knight of the Flowers 19:18, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
True Blood Wiki Edit
I also wanted your opinion on something. Several months ago I applied to adopt the True Blood Wiki, and yesterday my request was granted. I'm not sure if that site has much of a future, to be honest, as it's a total state, but I wanted to ask your opinion, and to ask if you'd be interested in collaborating in the future? (after Thrones is finished, of course) Also, almost as soon as I was granted bureaucratic status someone named "ChrysieeBoo Lovely" started messaging me, asking to be unblocked. Not sure if that means anything to you?-- 08:27, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
House Reed sigilEdit
- My bad, saw the HBO logo at the bottom and assumed as much. My apologies. QueenBuffy 02:00, May 27, 2013 (UTC)
Wikia Community PodcastEdit
Hey Buffy! You may have seen that Wikia recently started a biweekly podcast! We want to feature actual community members in the upcoming podcasts and I wanted to talk about Game of Thrones and the awesome community you guys have here. How would you feel about representing the wiki and chatting with me and the rest of the team on Friday? We can record you over Skype (no video necessary) and it'll just be a quick casual chat about the show and the wiki. Let me know if you're interested and I'd love to have you!
Kate 00:32, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
Yay I'm so glad! We can work around your schedule on Friday. What time between 9-4 PST would be good for you?
Kate 17:53, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
That's 1 PM PST so that's perfect. It should only be about 30 minutes of your time :) Yea go ahead and set up a Skype username and I will add you :) And we'll just chat like normal which will get recorded on our end.
Thanks! Kate 18:25, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
I'm glad to meet you, I'm really happy joining this wiki. Feel free to inform me any time if there's anything i can do to help !