Hi, welcome to Game of Thrones Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Jeor Mormont page.
We welcome all contributions to the Wiki but please be aware of the following simple rules:
1) This wiki is meant for the Game of Thrones TV series and the TV alone. Spoilers from the novels are not permitted at all. Discussion of earlier events in the novels and the use of non-spoiler background material from the novel as regards specific events, characters and places in the TV series are allowed (in the 'In the books' section of an article) but future events cannot be discussed.
2) This wiki has specific permission from HBO's marketing department to use a reasonable number of promotional images and screencaps from the series to illustrate articles. The use of other copyrighted images is not permitted without either specific permission or fair use attributions. For example, this Wiki cannot use Amoka's portrait images or Ted Nasmith's castle pictures as these are copyrighted. In addition, the Wiki is focused on the TV series and TV series alone. Images from other media should be avoided without a very good cause.
Licence for images and videosEdit
Hi! I'm Rhaena Targaryen, the admin of Hielo y Fuego Wiki, the wiki in spanish about ASOIAF. Recently some editors have been thinking in the upload some videos from the TV series Game of Thrones to enhance the articles. However, I'm not entirely sure about the copyright issues of that. As I've seen, this wiki has the permission from HBO to show images and videos from GoT, so my question is: did you ask for the licence to HBO itself? How is that request made? Thanks in advance for your answer and sorry if my english is not so good, my maternal languaje is spanish and I do have some problems with english writing. Best regards, --Rhaena Targaryen (talk) 22:49, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
- We cannot upload videos; you should not upload videos either. This wiki does not..."explicitly" have permission from HBO; we never wrote to HBO and asked them for permission. It is a tacit assumption for most fan wikis of television shows that we can use images, single-frame screenshots. These are "educational" or "promotional". But videos "cross a line", and are going too far. We don't even link to YouTube clips that have audio from the music soundtrack. They would probably get very angry. You may want to ask some of the Wikia Community administrators. http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Community_Central:Staff
- Even so, I think you really cannot load videos or audio. Only screenshot images (maybe you can upload a "GIF image"; to show Jaqen's shape-shifting transformation or something).--The Dragon Demands (talk) 15:52, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for your answer :) Best regards, Rhaena Targaryen (talk) 20:27, February 16, 2013 (UTC)