|The Bastard's Archives|
- Just a tighter, squared crop of the same image. It translates better in templates, such as the infobox, family trees, and userbox.-- 16:34, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
Must Watch videosEdit
- Agreed. We need to take action now, before this goes any further. I also want to find out if they are planning another "Create your own House" style contest like the one they forced on us last year. I'm not sure how you felt about it... personally I thought it was a fiasco, and another one should be avoided like the plague!-- 16:34, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
- I was pretty angry about that contest at the time, now I'm sort of ambivalent - they might as well have contests like that. People signed up for it that weren't regular contributors, though I guess their hope was that people would sign up for the contest and then stick around. Well, who doesn't like Heraldry?--The Dragon Demands (talk) 19:29, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Nope, and they're cropping up again on category pages. I've also reached out to the guys on the Fallout Wiki about Google Chrome, but they haven't replied yet.--09:52, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
The Wikia and Youtube people will yell at us if we directly link to Histories & Lore featurettes that are technically illegally uploaded. If nothing else, linking to them on your home page will increase the chances that official copyright people will notice that they've been loaded onto youtube, then force them to be removed, after which everyone can't enjoy them anymore. They're an open secret...but that only goes so far. I don't think you should risk it.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 00:57, March 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, no one (sorry to disappoint). Ideally I'd like us to have userboxes for all the houses, great and small, and ones for all other orders, religions etc. We could have them all documented in a community page and link it into the welcome message somehow... tell people that they have to pick a house before they start editing. That's... the dream.-- 13:56, March 29, 2014 (UTC)
The Dreadfort imageEdit
I'm not entirely sure. A new user uploaded this screenshot, and I cropped it from there.-- 17:17, April 2, 2014 (UTC)
Kingsguard loyalty for usersEdit
- True, but it's kinda uncertain whether or not it's supposed to be an actual sigil, or just an adornment for their armour.-- 17:56, April 2, 2014 (UTC)
Season 4 premiereEdit
Think of it: only 2 hours until Season 4 begins. Then the floodgates open. To say nothing of the horde of vandals, the massive amount of new work, we'll have dozens or even hundreds of random editors coming on making sloppy edits.
This will consume us, as you remember back in Season 3.
Good to be alongside you guys trying to handle this oncoming horde.
Have no illusions: not all of us will make it through premiere night alive.
The enemy is at the gates.
He who stands with me shall be my brother.
Dornish Sigils in "Two Swords"Edit
I needhelp identifying the last two sigils held by the Martell bannermen:
- First pair: Dalt and Blackmont
- Second pair: Manwoody and Qorgyle
- Third pair: One with a checkered background and the other an orange banner: Jordayne and Uller?
- No problem. Just give me a moment to finishing watching the episode, and I'll go back and take a closer look.-- 05:16, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
- The Book of Brothers will finally give us a good mini-icon for the Kingsguard.--Gonzalo84 (talk) 06:55, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
Upcoming Community Videos Edit
I'm Brian and I work with Wikia. I wanted to touch base with you about a series of recurring videos we have planned for the Game of Thrones community, and maybe being a part of it. Would you mind dropping me a line on my wall or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org when you have a moment? Thanks!
--Brian 18:03, April 9, 2014 (UTC)
- The "Best of GOT" page? Because this isn't the place for such things. We're an encyclopaedia, not a gossip forum.-- 11:00, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- I thought wikia was an open site for creating pages based on a topic, do you have a book of rules somewhere this is only my second page and I'm a novice?Pgardiner (talk) 11:05, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Surely all these pages are 'just gossip' can't say I can see a difference between what I created and this one for instance http://divergent.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Asnow89/FOURTRIS_Romance_%26_Dystopian_Chicago-_The_Cast_RespondsPgardiner (talk) 11:11, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- I thought wikia was different from wikipedia? Can you explain the difference ?Pgardiner (talk) 11:17, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Every wiki is different. We are not the Divergent Wiki, we are the Game of Thrones Wiki, and we have very high standards. At any rate, the page you linked to was a blog, not an article, which is what you created. No, people cannot create any page they want as long as it's about the subject. In that respect we are much more like Wikipedia than other wikis. Please take the time to look around the site to see what we are about, and read our Policies and guidelines before editing further. Thank you.-- 11:32, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi there, thanks for this, I've now had a look at guidelines, but I definitely didn't link to a blog? I don't have a blog, I was just trying to create a GOT ranking page for people to vote for their favourite characters etc so we could see who was the best knight, or the best member of Night's watch and so on. I love the series and can't wait for next episode. I can see there are serious pages on your wiki for people who like to read a lot ..but can't there be some lighthearted fun ones too?22.214.171.124 11:55, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't think you gave me much of a chance to develop the page or to see if anyone else wanted to join in editing it, admittedly it was a beginners page but that's no reason to delete it?126.96.36.199 11:59, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Please let this go. No, new users are not allowed to publish sloppy, half-finished "humour" articles, and then leave them to be developed later. Now, the wiki has been heavily vandalised in the past few hours, and I'm in the process of fixing the damage: You're distracting me.-- 12:14, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Well I'm clearly not a vandal and was planning to develop the article I created at the weekend, so why don't you deal with the real villains and put my page back up so I can keep editing, is there a way of saving without publishing? I could try again and save without publishing until it was better... every one has to have a chance and I've done nothing to suggest I'd do anything horrible to your wiki....Pgardiner (talk) 12:21, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Ok gone. None taken. By the way there's an r missing in your profile it says when you 'fist signed up' ... assume you mean first? I'm an editor by profession and these things have a tendency to leap out on me.
...You're an editor who doesn't realize the distinction between articles of substance and needless fluff? I'm an editor too, of a sort, editing out non sequitor additions...(shrug)....ban this person at your discretion, Boy, I don't feel like getting worked up over it...--The Dragon Demands (talk) 15:10, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- While I do need a new cloak... it may be a bit early to get the knifes out. I'll let her run round the woods for a bit, and we'll see what happens.-- 16:29, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
Mace Tyrell imageEdit
- I can have a look, but to my knowledge that's the only in-universe one at the moment. We may have to wait until Sunday.-- 20:40, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
Did the wikia folks tell you what's up with the title blacklist, I won't want anyone creating articles on the "two swords" until they are named in the show.--Gonzalo84 (talk) 21:14, April 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Hey. I did respond on your talk-page about this a while ago... you must not have seen. Long story short, there's nothing wrong with the blacklist; Greater good created the Jon Connington page, and, as as admin, the blacklist didn't prevent him from doing so. It only protects pages against creation by regular users. Have any other articles been created that shouldn't have?-- 13:54, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
Okay, It looks like I need some help with getting the information to show and I need help with identifying an episode for Arya Stark that I have for when she got older. Is it possible you could help? I also need help with the first picture of Sansa Stark with her mom. I can't seem to find what episode the photo is from? I know what season and episodes that the first photo of Arya, latest episode of Sansa, and both 1st and 4th season where Daenery's was featured.
I'm expanding the frontpage castportal to 5 x 5, and thus it will have enough space to include Roose and Ramsay. I'm pressed for time. I will load in placeholder images for both, but can you please find images for both of them, of your preference? Crucially, they need to be re-sized to be the same size as the other cast portal images.
Go to this page and edit in source mode: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Castportal
I'm sorry, if I've done something wrong. I can see you redone last episode. I've been on this site since ending of season 2 (I think). I got told by Opark that "Last episode" gets updated after every episode. I've not received any complaint about it, and it wasn't corrected either. It's a new thing? I sincerly sorry for causing you that trouble it's that the case. Mesmermann (talk) 10:26, April 14, 2014 (UTC)
- It's okay, it's not a huge problem, but it's a habit we need to break. Opark probably had his own way of doing things, but it's definitely not necessary or correct to change such a minor, trivial thing after every single episode. In fact, I'm not convinced we need those fields at all, and once season four is finished I'd like us to have a major remodelling of all our infoboxes to make them A: more relevant, and B: more aesthetically pleasing. That's a major undertaking, however, and needs to be discussed properly with everyone when we're not all so busy.-- 10:36, April 14, 2014 (UTC)
Wait, what change is being discussed her?
Season 2 recapsEdit
We're too busy to get to them now, but please don't delete the Season 2 character pages (and restore the ones you've deleted). We do need to eventually integrate them back together -- basically all the work we wrote up during Season 2 got gutted out of the actual articles and put onto separate pages.
This will have to be on-hold for a while, probably until Season 4 is over. But we will eventually need to salvage anything useful from those pages before deleting them forever.--The Dragon Demands (talk) 18:34, April 16, 2014 (UTC)
New Fat Walda family tree imageEdit
Could you make one with the profile image?