The Valyrian Peninsula is a large, wide headland extending south from Essos into the Summer Sea, the heartland of the now extinct Valyrian Freehold and the location of its capital city, Valyria. Partially destroyed in the Doom, with many islands formed and low-lying areas flooded, becoming the Smoking Sea.
- The Smoking Sea separates the islands of Valyria from the peninsula to the north.
- The Summer Sea lies off the southern edge of the region.
- The Gulf of Grief separates the ruins of Valyria from Ghiscar to the east.
- Slaver's Bay lies to the north-east of the area, north of the Gulf of Grief
- The Sea of Sighs is an inland sea in the northern part of the Valyrian Peninsula.